New Amendments To KSA VAT Legislation
ZATCA has approved new amendments to the VAT Implementing regulations, which mostly relate to sub-articles of specific Articles.
- These amendments and additions include changes to the application for registration, registration provisions, financial services, transportation services, adjustment to the value of a supply, correction of returns, refund of tax, and rulings.
- Notable changes include the requirement for taxable persons to display their registration certificate in a visible manner, the addition of insourcing of labor as a legal basis for not applying VAT, and the clarification of exempt supplies for financial services.
- Additionally, a new article has been added for supplies made to diplomatic missions by qualified suppliers.
- The amendments also specify the criteria for determining qualified suppliers and the procedures for their qualification.
- Other changes include modifications to the preparation of tax returns on a cash basis and adjustments to the threshold for underestimating net tax by taxable persons.